Advanced Smoke-Free For Life Facilitator training spans over two days each with a 6 hour live in-person course each day. The Advanced training teaches individuals the ability to implement the Smoke Free for Life training program to its fullest capacity in their community or workplace. The advanced training is held at Breathe PA’s office in Cranberry Township, PA three times per year. Breathe PA staff may conduct on-site trainings within southwestern PA upon request for a minimum of 5 participants. The program cost is $250/participant.
This course will help you…
- Execute the training with all the appropriate materials
- Provide comprehensive treatment plans to participants
- Understand the pharmacologic use of FDA-approved medications for smoking cessation
- Gain the ability to provide motivational interviewing and counseling
- Prepare for the CTTS (Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist) exam
American Association of Respiratory Care (AARC) continuing education credits are available upon request to qualified individuals. Registrants must select that credits are requested upon registering for the training. All participants that complete the training will receive a certificate of completion and be qualified to facilitate the Smoke-Free for Life program in their community.