Smoke-Free for Life
Smoke-Free For Life is an eight-session smoking cessation program developed by Breathe Pennsylvania. This approach focuses on the individual needs of each smoker, while in a group setting.
As a participant in Smoke-Free For Life you will:
- Learn to overcome barriers that have kept you from quitting in the past
- Develop a customized “quit-plan” that will lead to success
- Learn the art of positive self-talk and watch it work for you
- Understand how to control your weight during and after the program
- Practice sound techniques to manage stress
- Develop strategies that will prevent relapse
- Give and receive support in a positive and comfortable environment
Key topics of this eight-session program include understanding the habit, developing a plan to quit and maintenance strategies.
Smoke-Free for Life Facilitator Training
Want to help your neighbors quit smoking? Become trained in Breathe Pennsylvania’s Smoke-Free for Life Facilitator Training Program! This program is appropriate for:
- Community-based health educators
- Health care professionals
- Drug and alcohol treatment staff
- Wellness coaches
The curriculum includes motivational interviewing and counseling skills, treatment planning, and pharmacotherapy. Program participants walk away with from this training with a broad understanding of tobacco and nicotine dependence and a curriculum that they can use to implement smoking cessation classes in their community. For more information or to register for the Smoke-Free for Life Facilitator Training, please contact Breathe Pennsylvania at (724) 772-1750.
Smoke-Free For Life
For more information about the Smoke-Free For Life program, contact:
Rebecca Kishlock, BA, CTTS
Tobacco Cessation and Education Programs Associate
Office: (724) 772-1750